Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Insecure Writer's Group--Many Thanks








Hello Everyone it's time for another Insecure Writer's Group Post.  This month I actually have something positive to report.  As many of you know, I have been working on my novel for the past three years.  The journey wasn't easy.  There were times I experienced such strong feelings of frustration and disillusionment over the work I produced, that I seriously considered abandoning the project.  Yet, somehow, I overcame those emotions and pressed forward.

Well, I'm proud to tell you my hard work paid off.  Last Sunday I finally completed the part of my story that took place in the sixteenth-century Mayan jungle. The archaic language and unfamiliar setting made it by far, the most difficult portion to write. Words cannot describe the sense of relief and elation I experienced in the tearful moments I composed my closing paragraph.  I can honestly say I've never felt anything like it before.

I only have three more chapters left in the portion of my novel that takes place during the twenty-first century. Now, I can finally bring a confidence or sort of renewed vigor to the desk that I previously did not have, and I owe this to all of you. I could not have made it this far in my novel without support from the members of my writer's group, and my friends in the bloggersphere.   The helpful critiques I received, combined with your words of encouragement, have contributed to my success as a writer. Many thanks to all of you.  Until next time, happy writing.